Tuesday, April 3, 2018

CCR Brainstorming

This weekend I hope to do the bulk of the work on my CCR, however, while Alexa seems to have an extensive creative plan for her CCR... I, right now, have nothing.

Initially, my plan was to do what I did last year, a cleanly put together slideshow in which I narrated over, explaining the different aspects of creating this project. But, alas, Alexa has inspired me to do something more interesting... and inevitably more time consuming.

After a quick brainstorm session, I came up with a brilliant idea based on a little silly video I had made earlier in the year in my film class. I would up the production effort, but to a manageable level, by creating a CCR that mimicked the look of educational VHS tapes from the 90s, like this one. Because this is a short CCR, I feel I can just use the style of art, transitions, and music in these VHS tapes without having to actually act. I want to add a little layer of fun to an otherwise informational video, which is what those educational VHS videos did best. Plus, while it's a bit of a stretch, this can tie into our main project Loop 1. We decided that our short film should exist in an ambiguous and undecided time period because we combine aspects of the 1970s as well as the present day. This CCR just adds another time period in, that of the 1990s!

Let's hope this idea works out!

a type of graphic I hope to mimic- pastiche at its finest!

No comments:

Post a Comment