Friday, March 9, 2018

Location Troubles and Solutions

I think by far the biggest obstacle in this project has been planning the location, we've gone through Plan A's, Plan B's and Plan C's trying to find a place where we can shoot. By popular demand (a.k.a. my insistance) we are going with Plan D: The scenes by the door will be filmed at our friend Daniel's house, and the rest will be filmed at my house.

I say "by my insistance" because the alternative would be to film at Alexa's grandmother's house which is half an hour away, and as the one driving, I say no. Hopefully these two locations blend seamlessly (I will make sure of it in post), but I know that it is better than wasting over an hour each shooting day in transportation. What is reassuring me is the fact that we are deciding to shoot so early (relatively), because in the worst case scenario we can reshoot anything we need.

Well, time for me to do the very fun task of cleaning out my room, removing everything from my walls and adding in extra lights. By tomorrow night I should be sleeping on the set of Loop 1!

P.S. All this talk about location and production is just making me all the more excited to edit. The stress of this weekend will be calmed by the prospect of looking at all of our footage in a comfortable environment and getting to put it all together at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment