Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Recasting and Shooting Day 1!

Saturday - Something felt off, we were set to be shooting at 5pm (we were working around our actress' work schedule). I picked up Alexa at 4, and she had some bad news. Sol felt terrible, but she flaked on us, which means we needed to find new actors. So while I was driving, Alexa was texting, and within about 5 minutes our good friend Dakota agreed to act in our final with her younger sister Jade. Problem solved; however, with it, we had to compromise slightly. Jade is 5 years older than our previous actor for the role, but we figured some movie magic would fix that (costuming), plus an older actor usually means a better actor (and Jade does Drama in her middle school which is an even bigger plus). So Alexa and I decided to take the extra day to prep, and Jade and Dakota agreed excitedly to start filming at 9 a.m. the next day.


Jade and Dakota

Sunday - I woke up at 7:30, tired but happy; I'm not a morning person, but when it comes to shooting days I feel much better starting super early rather than starting in the afternoon or evening. I drove to my local Dunkin Donuts to pick up some breakfast for my actors, as a payment and a thank you, and my morning energy and happiness was powered by an excitement to sit down with a donut and a hot cup of coffee, ready to film. We filmed until 1:00, finishing a huge chunk of our project (about 2 out of the 5 minutes), and then I got to editing.


a tiny video of Alexa directing and being the DOP


Me after the tiring emotional rollercoaster of a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment